M-Audio recently updated the driver for the Sonica Theater USB, of which I know many of you have (that and the Sonica Transit). I can honestly say that with 10.3.9 I finally beat my DTS demons, but if you’re still having problems, the updated drivers claim a DTS fix among the list of improvements.
- Now supports OpenAL and discrete Multi-Channel up to 7.1
- Added new surround modes: “Stereo x 2″, “Stereo x 3″, and “5.1 Expansion”.
- When the surround mode is set to “None/OpenAL”, audio applications can now output directly to all the available speakers.
- Updated the user interface to make it more consistent.
- Added an Uninstaller.
- Fixed a system crash that could occur when switching between speaker sets.
- Fixed DTS digital playback with Mac OS 10.3 Apple DVD Player.