Open the Windows 10 Settings App. Navigate to the following path: Personalization > Taskbar. From the right-side panel, select Select which icons appear on the taskbar. From the list, you can either toggle Windows Update Status to either enable or disable the icon.
How do I get rid of Windows Update icon?
- When the Windows Update icon is visible, open the Settings app.
- Go to Personalization > Taskbar.
- On the right, click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar under Notification area.
- Turn off the switch next to the Windows Update Status item.
How do I remove the Windows 10 update icon from my taskbar?
How do I remove the Windows 10 Notification icon?
Navigate to System > Notifications & Actions in the Settings window. To disable notifications for every app on your system, turn the “Get notifications from apps and other senders” toggle off. This option will disable the notifications for both Windows 10 Store apps and classic desktop apps.
How do I stop the Windows 10 upgrade app?
- Press WIN + R to open run prompt. Type appwiz. cpl, and hit Enter.
- Scroll through the list to find, and then select Windows Upgrade Assistant.
- Click Uninstall on the command bar.
How do I get notified of Windows updates?
- Open the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) and navigate to Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows ComponentsWindows UpdateDisplay options for update notifications.
- Set the policy to Enabled.
Is Windows 10 nearing the end of service?
Windows 10, version 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, and 1803 are currently at end of service. This means that devices running these operating systems no longer receive the monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats.
How do I remove the security icon from my taskbar?
To access it, right-click your taskbar and select “Start Task Manager” or press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard. Click the “More Details” button, then click the Startup tab. Locate the “Windows Defender notification icon” option in the list, right-click it, and select “Disable”.
How do you enable and disable Windows Update in Windows 10?
- Select the Windows icon in the bottom left of your screen.
- Click on the Settings Cog icon.
- Once in Settings, scroll down and click on Update & Security.
- In the Update & Security window click Check for Updates if necessary.
How do I put Windows Update on my desktop?
- Right-click an empty spot on your desktop.
- Click New.
- Click Shortcut.
- Type ms-settings:windowsupdate.
- Click Next.
- Type Windows Update or whatever you’d like to name the shortcut.
- Click Finish.
How do I remove the notification button?
- To find your notifications, from the top of your phone screen, swipe down.
- Touch and hold the notification, and then tap Settings .
- Choose your settings: To turn off all notifications, tap Notifications off. Turn on or off notifications you want to receive.
How do I turn on the notification bar in Windows 10?
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings .
- Go to System > Notifications & actions.
- Do any of the following: Choose the quick actions you’ll see in action center. Turn notifications, banners, and sounds on or off for some or all notification senders.
How do I put notification icons on Windows 10?
To change how icons and notifications appear Press and hold or right-click any empty space on the taskbar, tap or click Settings, and then go to Notification area. Under Notification area: Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Select specific icons you don’t want to appear on the taskbar.
Is it OK to uninstall Windows 10 Update assistant?
So, yes, you are quite right to uninstall Update Assistant in Settings > Apps > Apps & Features. It is not needed any further, or ever really.
What happens if I uninstall Windows 10 Update assistant?
Windows 10 Update Assistant will be dead forever and you are free to use your perfectly working as-is PC indefinitely without interruptions.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft is all set to release Windows 11 OS on October 5, but the update won’t include Android app support.