- In Windows, click the Start and enter cmd in the Search field, then press the Enter key.
- Type bootrec /RebuildBcd and press Enter.
- Type bootrec /fixMbr and press Enter.
- Type bootrec /fixboot and press Enter.
How do you fix a locked hard drive?
- Step 1: Run a disk check. Install the boot disk or USB drive, and power the computer on.
- Step 2: Run a system file check. Boot the computer from the disk or USB as you did in step one.
- Step 3: Complete a startup repair.
- Step 4: Try a system restore.
- Step 5: Refresh your PC.
How do I unlock my Windows operating system?
Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to unlock the computer. Type the logon information for the last logged on user, and then click OK. When the Unlock Computer dialog box disappears, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and log on normally.
How do I unlock my external hard drive Windows 10?
- Connect the removable hard drive.
- Type in your password, and click on the Unlock button.
- Open the Control Panel, and click on the BitLocker Drive Encryption icon.
- Click on Turn Off BitLocker for the drive letter for the removable hard drive or USB flash drive that you want to decrypt.
How do I unlock BitLocker where Windows is installed?
Open Windows Explorer and right-click on the BitLocker encrypted drive, and then choose Unlock Drive from the context menu. You’ll get a popup in the upper right corner that asking for BitLocker password. Enter your password and click Unlock. The drive is now unlocked and you can access the files on it.
How do I unlock my WD hard drive?
- go to the wd smartware and go to the security and place a password on your my book.
- safely remove it from the computer, and unplug it from your computer.
- plug it back into the computer and place in the password you just made.
- go back into the security and place the password in again and ask it to take of the password.
How do I unlock my C drive control panel?
- Open Control PanelSystem and SecurityBitLocker Drive Encryption.
- On the right side of the Drive Encryption Dialog, find your fixed drive.
- Click on the Unlock drive link.
- Enter the password to unlock this drive, and click on Unlock.
How do you unlock your computer screen?
- Press Ctrl, Alt and Del at the same time.
- Then, select Lock from the options that appear on the screen.
How do you unlock a computer keyboard?
- Confirm that your laptop isn’t just frozen.
- Look for physical damage on your keyboard or individual keys.
- Make sure the keyboard is clean and free of obstructions.
- Try rebooting as normal.
- Uninstall your keyboard drivers and reboot to reset.
How do I unlock a local account in Windows 10?
- Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type lusrmgr.
- Click/tap on Users in the left pane of Local Users and Groups. (
- Right click or press and hold on the name (ex: “Brink2”) of the local account you want to unlock, and click/tap on Properties. (
How do I unlock my hard drive to reinstall Windows 10?
- Use chkdsk command.
- Use SFC scan.
- Fix boot records.
- Disconnect additional hard drives.
- Check if your hard drive is properly connected.
- Change BIOS settings.
- Check if your hard drive is set as the boot device.
- Make sure that you’re using UEFI.
How do I unlock my hard drive from command prompt?
How do I unlock a locked drive in Windows 10? In Windows, click the Start and enter cmd in the Search field, then press the Enter key. Type bootrec /RebuildBcd and press Enter. Type bootrec /fixMbr and press Enter.
Why is my external hard drive not showing up?
If the drive still isn’t working, unplug it and try a different USB port. It’s possible the port in question is failing, or just being finicky with your specific drive. If it’s plugged into a USB 3.0 port, try a USB 2.0 port. If it’s plugged into a USB hub, try plugging it directly into the PC instead.
Where do I find the 48 digit recovery key?
- In your Microsoft account: Sign in to your Microsoft account on another device to find your recovery key:
- On a printout you saved: Your recovery key may be on a printout that was saved when BitLocker was activated.
How do I get my BitLocker 48 digit recovery key?
- Restart your computer and press the Esc key in the BitLocker logon screen.
- In the BitLocker recovery screen, find the Recovery key ID.
- Contact your administrator and give them the Recovery key ID.
- In the BitLocker recovery screen, enter the recovery key.
How do I find my recovery key?
Go to Settings > account name > Password & Security > Recovery Key. Tap the switch to enable it. Confirm you want to add a recovery key. The key is displayed.