Priced at $199 when configured with 16GB of storage (twice what was offered last year for this price), the fourth-generation iPod Touch may be the most unappreciated product Apple sells.
Can you still use iPod touch 4th generation?
Please note that all iPod touch 4th Generation and iPod touch 5th Generation models have been discontinued. However, this Q&A has been updated with current iOS support details for both lines and it can be quite helpful for anyone buying or selling one of these models on the used market.
What can you do on an iPod touch 4th generation?
- 3.5-inch TFT LCD display.
- 32 GB Storage Capacity (Estimated Free Space 28.3 GB) capacity for about 8,000 songs, 40,000 photos, or 40 hours of video; Up to 40 hours of audio playback or 7 hours of video playback on a single charge.
Can you text on an iPod touch 4th generation?
The iPod touch looks even better in white Provided you have a Wi-Fi connection you can send text messages, photos, videos to other people with iOS 5 devices, or you can use it to carry on a conversation you’re having on, say, your iPhone with somebody else. The group chat feature is also impressive.
What can I do with an old iPod 4?
- Donate your iPhone.
- Make it a dedicated car music repository.
- iPhones are amazing hand-me-downs.
- Set up a video surveillance system.
- Repurpose it as a fancy baby monitor.
- Channel surf with it.
- Make it a high-tech digital cookbook.
- Save it for a really bad day.
Is iPod touch 7 worth buying?
Overall, we were impressed by the iPod touch (7th generation). For the number of apps you get with iOS 12, it feels like good value for money – especially when you compare it to the cost of an iPhone.
Can you text on iPod?
Use the Messages app to send and receive texts, photos, videos, and audio messages. You can also personalize your messages with animated effects, Memoji stickers, iMessage apps, and more.
How do I put music on my iPod touch 4th generation?
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Attach your iPod to your computer.
- Click on the media drop-down menu.
- Click on Music.
- Click a “Library” option.
- Click on and drag an item onto your iPod.
- Drop the song(s) on your iPod.
- Wait for your music to finish uploading.
Can you FaceTime on an iPod?
- You can use FaceTime on any of these devices on Wi-Fi: iPhone 4 or later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad 2 or later, iPad mini (all models), and iPod touch 4th generation or later (only iPod touch 5th generation or later support FaceTime audio calling).
Can you text on an iPod without Wi-Fi?
Any app that send data outside of your iPod Touch requires a Wi-Fi connection. Without it, you can’t push data like text messages from your iPod Touch to a friend’s mobile device. … In general, social networking, texting and streaming apps require Wi-Fi.
What is the best texting app for iPod?
- TextNow – Best free calling and texting app.
- Google Voice – Free texts and calls without the ads.
- Text Free – Free texts and 60 minutes of calls a month.
- textPlus – Free texting only.
- Dingtone – Free international calls.
What should I do with my old iPod?
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
Can I get money for my old iPod?
The most convenient place to sell your iPod is an online store like BuyMyPod.com which keeps the procedure fast, easy and smart. Plus, we specialize in iPods, so we’ll pay you more money than any other buyback store.
Do old iPods still work?
You can continue to use your iPod classic with iTunes Store purchases or ripped music from CDs. To reiterate the post above, while Apple may no longer be actively supporting iPod classic the current versions of iTunes and Music on Catalina should all be able to work with iPod classic.
Is iPod worth buying in 2020?
iPod Touch review (7th-gen): do you still need an iPod in 2020? With few changes from the 6th-gen model, the 7th-gen iPod Touch doesn’t have much going for it – but it is compact, inexpensive, and capable of running the latest iOS software.
Should I buy an iPod Touch in 2021?
As in 2021, there’s almost no reason to buy this iPod. For many people, it’s a better investment to spend $100 more and buy the base-iPad model. With a bigger screen, better processor, and improved cameras, it takes advantage of the Apple Pencil, as well as the Smart Keyboard, perfect for homeschooling.