To find your device’s serial number in the software, go to Settings > System. Then jump into About Phone > Status. Your device’s serial number will generally be located toward the bottom of this screen.
How do I find my phone’s serial number?
- Go to Settings > General and tap About.
- Look for the serial number. You might need to scroll down to find the IMEI/MEID, and ICCID.
- To paste this information into Apple registration or support forms, touch and hold the number to copy.
How do I find the serial number on my phone without taking it apart?
Call your local carrier branch and ask for the serial number. In the event that you can’t find the serial number on the phone, its packaging, or your online account, you can call your closest carrier branch and ask for the serial number.
Is the IMEI the serial number?
Your International Mobile Station Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is different from your SSN, ICCID or IMSI. It is a unique serial number given to a device when it is manufactured that identifies a device on a mobile network, but not the subscriber. … On Android, go to the “About Phone” menu.
How do I find the serial number on my Samsung phone?
- 1 Swipe down on your screen to access your Quick Settings and tap on the Settings cogwheel.
- 2 Scroll down to the bottom and tap on About phone.
- 3 The Model Number, Serial Number and IMEI will be displayed.
Can you track a phone by its serial number?
The IMEI or MEID, together with the serial number, won’t help directly track the device. The same thing goes for apps that claim they can get a phone location by number only. Without direct access or connection to the cell phone at hand, the phone number won’t be useful at all.
How do I find my IMEI code?
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Scroll down and tap on About Phone.
- Scroll down and you will find the number under IMEI.
How do I find my SIM card number android?
- Open your Apps list and tap on Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the menu and press About.
- Tap Status. On some phones like HTCs, this may be called ‘Phone Identity’.
- Tap IMEI Information.
- Your SIM number will show as either the ‘IMSI’ number, or the ‘ICCID number’.
Is device ID same as serial number?
A device ID (device identification) is a distinctive number associated with a smartphone or similar handheld device. … Device IDs are stored on the mobile device and are separate from hardware serial numbers.
How do I find my IMEI serial number?
How do I obtain a device IMEI/MEID/ESN? You can display the IMEI/MEID/ESN by entering *#06# on the phone app keypad and executing a call on the device. On some devices, the IMEI/MEID/ESN is also printed on a label behind the back cover or underneath the battery of the device.
Is IMEI same as SIM number?
IMEI: International Mobile Equipment Identity; a factory-installed unique serial number that identifies each unit or line of service under GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) specifications. It is a 15 digit number and is used on non-SIM card capable devices. … The SIM number is 15 digits.
What is the difference between serial number and model number?
Manufacturers rely on model numbers to identify the parts that were used to build a particular line of product. … Serial numbers are unique to each unit sold. And they may contain other information besides the units number when it came off the assembly line.
How do I find my mobile model number?
- Open your phone settings menu. Android 10. Tap Settings > About phone > Model Android 8.0 or 9.0. Tap Settings > System > About phone > Model Android 7.x or lower. Tap Settings > About phone/tablet > Model number.
- Make a note of the model number.
How do I find my SIM card number on my Samsung?
- From the main screen, slide the screen up.
- Slide the screen up to see more options. Then, tap “About phone.”
- Tap “Status.”
- Tap “IMEI Information.” Locate “ICCID.” The number below is your device’s SIM Number. Note: The SIM number is also printed on the SIM card itself. This number begins with 8–9.
How do you read a serial number?
The first two characters of the serial number represent the year and month of manufacture. The remainder of the serial is a sequential production number, seven digits in length before December 2007 (DM), and eight digits in length after.
How can I track my phone using IMEI number online?
- Open IMEI Tracker by iStaunch.
- Type IMEI number of your Android or iPhone device.
- Solve captcha and tap on the Track.
- You will see the real-time location of your phone on Google Maps.