- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Notifications.
- Tap on Messages.
- Scroll down and toggle the Show preview option to the Off setting.
How do you hide messages on iPhone lock screen?
- Tap the Settings icon on your iPhone’s Home Screen.
- Select the Notifications option.
- Scroll down and choose the Messages app.
- In the Alerts section, disable the Show on Lock Screen setting. You’ll notice the accompanying button color changes from green to white.
How do I get my iPhone to not show my text messages?
Try this first: Settings > Notifications > Messages and set “Show Preview” to “Off”. If that doesn’t work for you, try Settings > Notifications > Messages, and set the Alert Style to “None”.
How do I stop text messages from popping up on my screen?
How do you not show messages on lock screen?
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications. Notifications.
- Under “Lock screen,” tap Notifications on lock screen or On lock screen.
- Choose Don’t show notifications.
How do you show Imessage on lock screen?
You can adjust whether your device displays text messages on the lock screen by tapping “Settings” and then “Notifications.” Tap “Messages” and then tap the ON/OFF toggle to the right of “View in Lock Screen” until ON appears if you want to display text messages on the lock screen.
Can you hide iMessages without deleting them?
With the tweak installed, open Messages and swipe left on any conversation you want. A new Hide button will appear next to the Delete button. Tap on it and the conversation will disappear without being deleted.
How do you hide Messages from one person on iPhone?
- Open the message(s) you don’t want displaying as the chain continues.
- Tap near the top of the screen, by the icon of a face (or the person’s picture).
- On the taskbar that appears, tap the “i” for “info.” Tap “info.” William Antonelli/Business Insider.
- Toggle “Hide Alerts” on.
How do I make my texts private?
Open the Settings app on your Android device. Choose Apps & notifications > Notifications. Under the Lock Screen setting, choose Notifications on lock screen or On lock screen.
How do I hide my name on my iPhone lock screen?
Just head over to Setting > Notifications > Click “Show Previews” and choose between Always, When Unlocked or Never. You scroll down and customise to certain behaviours for certain apps and how individual notification will be announced. Hope it helps. So removing the line with the person’s name is exactly what I need.
How do I change my text message settings?
- From the messaging app, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap ‘Settings’ or ‘Messaging’ settings.
- If applicable, tap ‘Notifications’ or ‘Notification settings’.
- Configure the following received notification options as preferred:
- Configure the following ringtone options:
Does iPhone have secret messages?
You can lock or hide messages, and even turn off message previews on iPhone so that your personal information stays private. There are even some secret text messaging apps for iPhones.
Can you hide a text message?
The most simple way to hide text messages on your Android phone is by securing it with a password, fingerprint, PIN or lock pattern. If someone can’t get past the lock screen they can’t access your text messages.
How do you put a lock on your messages on an iPhone?
- Tap the “Settings” button on the iPhone’s Home screen to launch the Settings application.
- Tap the “General” button, followed by the “Passcode Lock” button.
- Tap the “Turn Passcode On” button at the top of the screen.
How can I hide a conversation on my iPhone?
How to do this will vary from app to app, but it’s relatively straightforward in Apple Messages. Open the conversation, tap the profile icon on top, tap Info, and toggle the Hide Alerts option.
How do you find hidden text messages?
#3 Click on SMS and Contacts Option After which, you can simply click on ‘SMS and Contacts’ option, and you can instantly see a screen where all the hidden text messages will appear.