- Tap the Settings icon on your iPhone’s Home Screen.
- Select the Notifications option.
- Scroll down and choose the Messages app.
- In the Alerts section, disable the Show on Lock Screen setting. You’ll notice the accompanying button color changes from green to white.
How do I stop my Messages from showing on my lock screen?
Under Advanced settings, tap on “On the lock screen” to hide sensitive content or turn off lock-screen notifications entirely. This setting will now apply to just the Messages app.
How do I make my iPhone not show Messages when locked?
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Notifications.
- Tap on Messages.
- Scroll down and toggle the Show preview option to the Off setting. This will let you see that a message has arrived and who sent it, but it won’t display any part of the message itself.
How do you show iMessage on lock screen?
You can adjust whether your device displays text messages on the lock screen by tapping “Settings” and then “Notifications.” Tap “Messages” and then tap the ON/OFF toggle to the right of “View in Lock Screen” until ON appears if you want to display text messages on the lock screen.
How do I make text messages private on iPhone?
Go to Settings > Notifications and scroll down until you find Messages. In the Messages section scroll down to Show Previews. By default this will be set to Always. Tap on that and choose: Never.
How do I get my iPhone to show names in messages?
- Open Settings and go to “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” then scroll down to the ‘Contacts’ section.
- Select “Short Name” and flip “Short Name” to OFF to display the full name of contacts.
- Go back to Messages and open an individual thread to see the change.
How do you get Imessage to not show your name?
- Open your Notifications settings page.
- You can tap on an app to change its specific notification settings.
- Tap “info.”
- Toggle “Hide Alerts” on.
- Toggle on “Filter Unknown Senders.”
Where are lock screen settings on iPhone?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Touch ID & Passcode or Face ID & Passcode.
- Enter your Passcode.
- Scroll down to Allow Access When Locked.
- Toggle on all the features you want access to from your iPhone’s Lock screen.
- Toggle off any features you want to keep private.
How do I make my texts private?
Open the Settings app on your Android device. Choose Apps & notifications > Notifications. Under the Lock Screen setting, choose Notifications on lock screen or On lock screen.
Does iPhone have secret messages?
You can lock or hide messages, and even turn off message previews on iPhone so that your personal information stays private. There are even some secret text messaging apps for iPhones.
How do you get your messages to pop up as Imessage?
Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Notifications’. Now, scroll down until you find the option for the ‘Messages’ app. From the Messages settings, tap the option for ‘Show Previews’. Currently, the setting will display ‘Always’.
Why do iPhone Messages not show names?
You’ll need to go to Settings, then iCloud. Turn the Contacts toggle to the off position. … Next, turn Contacts back on, and they should be restored to your device through iCloud. See if the names of the missing contacts are there beside the numbers again.
How do you get your name to show up on text messages?
2) Open Android settings > accounts > your Google account > account sync > make sure Google Contacts is turned ON with slider > see if name is assigned to text.
Why does iMessage not show contact name?
If you find iMessage showing numbers, not name OR some of your contacts (possibly all) are missing from your iDevice immediately after an iOS upgrade; one option is to restore them back from your iCloud backup. … Next, restart your iDevice and come back to this setting and turn back ON Contacts under iCloud.
How do you hide sender name on Iphone?
Go to Settings>Notifications and choose the apps you prefer. You have many options… and you can set, for example, only badges. Make some attempts and you’ll discover how they work. Just head over to Setting > Notifications > Click “Show Previews” and choose between Always, When Unlocked or Never.
Does my name show up when I text someone?
It’s at the recipient end that controls whether they see your number or your name. It will show your name if they have saved your number to their “Contacts” list and then added your name as the contact.