Go to Settings > Messages > Group Messaging and turn it on. That’s it! Now, when you send a group message, if the other user has the feature enabled, they will be able to see everyone in the conversation as well as send a message back to everyone.
Why is my group messaging not working on iPhone?
On your iPhone, launch the Settings app and tap on Messages to open the Messages app settings screen. On that screen, turn the toggle for Group Messaging to the ON position. It will turn on the group messaging feature for your iPhone. … Turn the toggle to the ON position and MMS messaging will be enabled on your iPhone.
How do you turn on group chat on Imessage?
To enable group messages on your iPhone, tap the Settings app → tap Messages → toggle “MMS Messaging” on → toggle “Group Messaging” on.
How do I fix my group messaging?
- Go to the main screen of your messaging app and tap the menu icon or menu key (on the bottom of the phone); then tap Settings.
- If Group Messaging isn’t in this first menu it may be in the SMS or MMS menus. In the example below, it’s found in the MMS menu.
- Under Group Messaging, enable MMS.
Why are my group texts not being delivered?
To enable group messaging, open Contacts+ settings >> messaging >> check the group messaging box. Then, make sure your own number appears correctly in the MMS settings (below group messaging), under the device’s number.
What does turning off group messaging on iPhone do?
When you turn off group messaging and send a text, that message will appear to you as a “group message,” but it will appear to others as a text sent to them individually. Their replies will come back to you in a separate conversation between you and that person.
How do I stop group messaging?
- Open your messaging app. Open your SMS messaging app and open the group message you want to mute.
- Go to the menu and press “Group Details” Tap on the menu button (the one with three dots) and tap on Group Details.
- Look for notifications and toggle them off.
How do you tell if you’ve been removed from a group chat iMessage?
When you remove someone from a group thread there is no way for them to know unless you specifically notify them. It does not show them that they were removed nor does it delete the thread.
How do you send a group message?
- Open your text message app.
- Start adding contacts in the Enter recipients field by typing in a phone number, a person’s name, or select the contact list and select your contacts.
- Once you’ve picked your contacts, enter a message as usual and then select Send.
Why does my phone send individual Messages in a group chat?
Go to “Send message settings.” Disable the “Send as Split Threads” setting so that all of your group text messages are sent out as individual threads instead of sending one thread when group texting.
What is SMS vs MMS?
A text message of up to 160 characters without an attached file is known as an SMS, while a text that includes a file—like a picture, video, emoji, or a website link—becomes an MMS.
Can send texts but not receive?
Update your preferred texting app. Updates often resolve obscure issues or bugs that may prevent your texts from sending. Clear the text app’s cache. Then, reboot the phone and restart the app.
Why do my texts fail to one person?
Invalid Numbers. This is the most common reason that text message delivery can fail. If a text message is sent to an invalid number, it won’t be delivered – similar to entering an incorrect email address, you will get a response from your phone carrier informing you that the entered number was invalid.
How do you stop group messaging on the iPhone?
- Go to the “Settings” app on your Apple device.
- Select “Messages”.
- Scroll to the “SMS/MMS” section and disable “Group Messaging”.
How do you stop receiving group Messages on iPhone?
- Tap the group text message.
- Tap the group icons at the top of the thread, then tap the info button .
- Scroll down, then turn on Hide Alerts.
Is there a way to block group texts on iPhone?
To block a group text on your iPhone, open the Messages app and select the group text you want to block. Then tap the info button and tap the slider next to Leave Conversation. As long as there are other people (minimum of three) in the group text, members can leave a group text any time they want.