First of all, head to Settings > Wi-Fi, forget this network and then join again. When joined, tap info of your network and make sure that Auto-Login is on. Then you could try to disable Wi-Fi networking services. This can also help in fixing the Wi-Fi disconnects when iPhone is locked issue as reported by many users.
Why does my Wi-Fi turn off when I lock my phone?
If there is no data usage then it makes sense to turn it off. 1) Navigate to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi settings> and select the menu button again. 3) Select �Wifi sleep policy� , and you will have a couple of options to select from.
How do I stop my iPhone from disconnecting from Wi-Fi when locked?
- Browse for Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services.
- Scroll all the way down to System Services.
- Disable the Networking & Wireless option. Fact: Tap Turn Off to confirm your selection.
Why does my iPhone disconnect from Wi-Fi when I lock it?
An active VPN is also known to cause many problems including Wi-Fi disconnects when iPhone is locked. … To disable the VPN, navigate to iPhone Settings > VPN and then turn off the VPN if it is connected. Disconnecting the VPN should solve the Wi-Fi disconnects when iPhone is sleeping.
How can I prevent my phone from switching on the mobile data and hotspot while the screen is locked?
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap Lock screen in the Device section.
- Tap Security in the System section.
- Go to Encryption section.
How do I take the lock off my Wi-Fi?
- Launch your preferred web browser.
- Enter your router’s username and password.
- Select Wireless or Network in the main navigation menu.
- Look for a Security Options or Wireless Security section and change the setting to None or Disabled.
- Select Apply to make the change permanent.
Why does my Wi-Fi keep disconnecting?
If your Android phone is frequently disconnecting from a WiFi network or a WiFi hotspot, it could be due to issues with the router, the hotspot device, or your phone itself.
What do I do if my iPhone wont stay connected to Wi-Fi?
- Turn Wi-Fi Off And Back On.
- Restart Your iPhone.
- Try Connecting To Different Wi-Fi Network.
- Restart Your Wireless Router.
- Forget Your Wi-Fi Network And Reconnect.
- Reset The Network Settings.
- Put Your iPhone In DFU Mode & Restore.
- Exploring Your Repair Options.
How do I turn my iPhone into a hotspot when locked?
Finally a working solution! Turn off Auto-Lock on your iPhone/iPad. If you set Auto-Lock to “Never”, the Personal Hotspot will stay active. Even with screen locked for hours.
How do I turn off mobile data when phone is locked?
Open your Xiaomi pre-installed Security app. Then you will see 6 options in which click the option of Battery. After that in the top-right corner you will see a setting logo click on that. Then under the ‘power saver’ you will see your required option “Turn off mobile data when device is locked”.
How do I turn off data when my phone is locked?
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Battery & performance.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Turn off mobile data when device is locked#
- Choose In 5 / 10 / 30 minutes or Never.
How do I stop my mobile data from turning off automatically?
For Samsung, go to Settings> Connections> Data Usage then press menu button. Select Restrict Background from the menu. It will stop turning on mobile data automatically.
How do I unlock my WiFi on my phone?
How do I unblock my phone from WiFi?
- Go to Settings.
- Go to WiFi (click on word “WiFi”, not ON/OFF switch)
- Press and hold preferred (or active) wireless network until dialog pops up.
- Select Modify Network.
- Check Show advanced options checkbox at the bottom.
- Switch IP settings“ to ”Static.
What does a lock next to WiFi mean?
If there’s a lock icon it indicates that there’s wireless security set on the network. The network is secured and you need a password to get in.
Why does my Wi-Fi keep disconnecting again and again?
Top 10 fixes for when WiFi Keeps disconnecting on Android: Restart your Wi-Fi router. Move closer to the WiFi network source. Try switching the router’s AP band. Disable network auto-switch.